Popular Posts

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Artzy

Report card day, simply put, is hell.  You are required to give up two or three hours of your day to CPS( hours you WILL NEVER GET BACK!), and hear negative comments your teachers have.  Afterwards, you parents are either really pissed at you, or really proud of you.  It depends.  What irks me though, is that I got a C in art.  How can one grade art?  Art shouldn't have guidelines or specific instructions.  Art is a way to express yourself, and everyone's perception of art is completely different.  So even if the project is ugly, there was a reason for that.  Everyone looks for different things in art.  Obviously, the teacher and I don't look for the same things.  I just think art should be a pass or fail class.  Not that I'm a narcissist, but I think my artwork is pretty good.  Most of my great stuuf is framed in our house, but here are some lonely doodles.














No comments:

Post a Comment