Popular Posts

Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends

I guess, technically I am a farmer.  I know when you think FARMER, you see: red-neck hillbilly, with missing teeth and a beat up tractor.  But there really is more to farming than that.  Farming is living off the land.  Now you may be wondering why the heck a city girl is babbling about farming, but in fact I have been living a double life.  I have a farm, and we go there on the weekends.  And we grow stuff.  Lots of stuff.  The best stuff.  We grow everything: potatoes, beets, parsley,basil, tomatoes, peppers, lettuce, eggplants, squash, sweet potatoes, green beans, sugar snap peas, garlic, zucchini, broccoli, and so much more.  There are literally vegetable growing out of your ears( I will save the jalapeño ear accident story for another time).  We don't sell them though, so that a minus.  We just eat the stuff 'till you barf when you hear the word VEGETABLE.  Actually, we still have fresh farm stuff in the winter, so we never get a break.  I'm not sure about you readers, but my mom has an unhealthy obsession with freezing things.  She freezes everything, from cake to soup, to chicken, to MORE vegetables.  So whenever we have extra food poof into the freezer.  We had to buy a second freezer.  Insanity.  Besides the incessant veggie problem, I have a good 'ol time at ye old farm, and the scenery there is absolutely brilliant.




























No comments:

Post a Comment