Popular Posts

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Veering Off Track

I've realized that I have slowly veered off track.  I meant to write more about fashion, because I really do love fashion.  I have gone on about twenty shopping trips since I started this blog.  In fact, I just went on a shopping trip this last weekend.  But after a while, I realized that I'm kinda uncomfortable with taking a picture of me in my outfits, and the outfits look bad without someone wearing them.  I just feel like such a narcissist when I take a picture of my outfits and then talk about how great they are.  It seems somehow wrong. So I guess the fashion component of this blog is still there, just without me taking pictures of myself with my toilet in the background.

Now I'm back at school, carrying books so heavy that they are making me shrink, and wondering what kind of mystery meat is on the menu today.  I just wish I could be back in Michigan, reading, taking pictures, and eating cookie dough.  For fun, I added up how many pages(from books) that I have read since the beginning of spring break.  5500 pages.  That's right folks. Now that I'm back in school though, I have literally no time to read.  None. Zip.  Nada.   I feel awful too.  Because I read so many great books, I can't help but feel that my life is boring, lacking the peril and adventure that I crave.  I want to kill vampires, fly, and have a pet mountain lion.  But none of these things are going to happen in real life.  I guess that's what's so great about a book.  You can escape the dull throb of daily life and jump into a different kind of reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment