Popular Posts

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chance

I was watching the news the other day and some poor man coming home from a restaurant got in a car crash and died, and that's when it dawned on me.  What if that man had stayed in the restaurant a few minutes longer to argue about the tip?  Would he be alive?
I guess at some point in time, everyone goes through a phase where they wonder whether or not things happen for a reason.  I guess my phase has just started.  Actually, thinking about it kind of blows my mind.  What if my dad took a few more seconds in the men's locker room and never met my mom at the health club?  I wouldn't be here.  Some things as simple as a few seconds can change your whole life.  Did my parents run into each other by accident, or was that supposed to happen?
 I'm not going to bring religion into this, but I don't think that some greater power made it happen.  Maybe two people just happened to run into each other and fall in love.  Maybe everything we do is just a coincidence.  But, sometimes it seem so perfect, too perfect to be an accident.
Maybe it was supposed to happen.  If you think about it right now, your brain will end up reeling.  I guess some things just can't be explained, like physics, and why Sarah Palin was born.  For now though, I guess we should just appreciate all of the coincidences that happen in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment