Popular Posts

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Singin' With a man at potbelly

Well, this day has been an interesting one.  After a late breakfast of croissants, my dearest mother took me to salvation army for some shopping.  We shopped for about three hours, and I got some great vintage dresses.  But that is not the best part.  The best thing ever happened at lunch.  We walked to a potbelly's in downtown, braving the ferocious winds.  When we got in, we ordered our subs, and sat down.  A man with a stool, a mic, and a guitar was singing in the corner, and he was amazing.  He sounded just like James Tailor.  He sang a bunch of oldies, like the Beatles, the turtles, the Mammas and the Pappas.  One song he sang was California Dreaming, by the Mammas and the Pappas.  He played it really well, so I joined in singing as the harmony part in the background.  We just sang away while everyone else in potbelly's just smiled and stared.  We were frikin' amazing, but my mom didn't know how to video tape it with her phone, because she is technologically handicapped.  So all I can do is post the original song and leave the rest up to you to imagine.  

No comments:

Post a Comment